Spelling is probably one of the most hated subjects after math. Many children struggle with spelling and the repetitive task of writing the words over and over doesn’t seem to help in most cases. Make your child a better speller – download these free printable spelling worksheets today! And when he’s done with them, don’t forget to check out our free English worksheets for kids of all ages.
- Garden Spells
- Kitchen Spell
- Know Thy Rugby
- Learn to Spell
- Sweeth Tooth
- Stacey's Letter
- Know Your Sports
- Maestro’s Mix-Up
- Months of the Year
- Meanings, Spellings, and Matching
- Spelling Duel
Why does your child need to learn to spell correctly?
- Learning to spell words correctly is an important skill because it helps to build the basic foundation for your child’s future education.
- Spelling is a reading aid – it cements the connection between letters and sounds.
- Spelling and reading correctly lead to language proficiency.
- Poor spelling creates a bad impression about a person. Punctuation errors might escape unnoticed, but spelling errors are almost always spotted.
- A child who is bad at spelling will inevitable get lower grades.
How can our free spelling printable worksheets help?
When it comes to teaching and acquiring spelling skills, most parents have very little reliable research to go by. Our spelling worksheets help because:
- They are based on tried-and-tested strategies developed over the years by experienced teachers.
- They help your child to develop good phonemic awareness – a crucial factor for learning to spell correctly.
- They are interesting and fun to do – your child will be less inhibited about his spelling lessons.
- They help to expand his choice of words – his vocabulary and he will be able to express himself better.