Being environmentally aware is the call of the hour. For that, it is important to have extensive knowledge about plants. Help your kids explore our relationship with plants. Browse through our range of free and printable plants worksheets and download them to suit the needs of your kids.
Why are Plants Important?
Plants are one of the most precious resources we have. Life exists on Earth because of all the things plants do for us. Here are some the ways in which everyday life depends on plants:
- All the food we consume comes from plants. From the dawn of human history until the present time, people have used more than 6,000 kinds of plant species as food.
- The oxygen which is essential for our survival is a byproduct of photosynthesis. The water cycle on Earth is regulated by plants; transpiration in plants helps the flow of water from the soil to the atmosphere.
- Many living creatures, including humans, fish and wildlife, use plants for their shelter and habitat.
- Plant derivatives are used in the manufacture of medicines and prescription drugs. A large number of people depend primarily on plants for their health and medical needs.
- Plants are vital for the climate. They absorb carbon dioxide and help to keep much of it out of the atmosphere.
As you can see, plants are crucial for the survival of life on Earth. That’s why it’s important to make sure they exist and thrive in all their diversity
Free Plant Worksheets and Printables
JumpStart offers a range of free and printable plants worksheets that teach kids everything about the flora that surrounds us, keeps our planet green, and helps us stay healthy. These fun worksheets cover grade-specific topics that aid learning for children of all ages. Whether you are a teacher or a homeschooling parent, you will find our plants worksheets invaluable for the needs of your kids. Get them today!