Pot of Gold
Check out our simple St. Patrick’s Day craft that places a pot-of-gold at the end of a rainbow as a door handle decoration! While this craft is perfect for younger kids, the older ones will also find it a whole lot of fun to do.
What You Need
- Paper plate
- 1 sheet of yellow and 1 sheet of green construction paper
- Black marker
- Markers for each color of the rainbow
- Gold and green glitter (optional)
- Glue or tape
- Cut a half-circle into the bottom of the plate.
- Cut out two pie-shaped pieces on the edge of the plate where the half-circle’s corners line up.
- Have your child color a rainbow that follows the arch of the half-circle
- Color the rest of the plate with black marker and be sure to color in a pot rim at the corners of the half-circle
- Take the yellow construction paper and cut out a shape that resembles a pile of coins, making it as long as the diameter of the half-circle.
- Run a clear glue stick over the “pile of coins” and sprinkle gold glitter over the construction paper to make it look real!
- Glue or tape this to the back of the paper plate with the glittery side facing frontward.
- Cut out the shape of a shamrock from the green construction paper and glue it to the center of the pot. Optionally glue green glitter to it.
- Hang it on any door knob in the house!
Have fun making these crafts with your children! They are a pot-of-fun!