Pen & Pencil Holder
If you’re looking to gift Dad something special and useful this Father’s Day, then this is the perfect gift! Let kids get crafty and make Dad a special pen holder that’s going to sit pretty on his desk at work. Father’s day crafts for kids are a great way to keep the little ones busy in the summer and to encourage them to get creative as well!
What You Will Need:
- Craft sticks (about 35 – 40 at least)
- Paints of different colors + paint brush
- A pair of scissors
- A piece of sponge or foam or anything else that could serve as the base of the pen holder
- The first step is to decide what colors you’d like to use! We zeroed in on a nice bright red, and white
- Line up your craft sticks. You will need 6 craft sticks per side. Paint half the sticks red and the other half white. We got a little carried away with our creativity and added nice little red spots on white sticks and white dots on the red sticks.
- On one side, write the words ‘HAPPY, ‘FATHER’S’, and ‘DAY’ with black paint on the white sticks.
- To glue the sticks together, take one set of 6 craft sticks (alternating the white and red sticks) and line them up. Take another craft stick and stick it horizontally across the back of all 6 crafts sticks. (You can cut the extra bits of this craft stick after gluing on the sticks).
- Use glue and stick the 4 sets of sticks together such that they form a box. See image below.
- Put a piece of sponge, cut to the size of the base, in the pen holder. Congratulations! You have made your very own pen and pencil holder. Looks pretty, doesn’t it?