On the occasion of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, ‘Holding Hands’ is a simple but fun craft that you can engage kids with! Teachers can divide the class into small groups or even have each child complete this craft alone. You can also let all the students make this together, highlighting the importance of unity in completing any activity!
What You Need:
- Construction paper (at least 4 different colors)
- Marker pens
- Outline the shape of your hand on different colors of construction paper.
- Now, follow the lines and cut out the hands from the construction paper.
- Let the kids write down what they consider the most important aspects associated with Martin Luther King, Jr. on the palm area of each hand. You can write this with glitter glue, glitter pens or even use sequins if you like!
- String the hands together or arrange them in any fancy way and display it!